Changelog for version 1.2.4422
- Lots of updates for libavcodec that bring bug fixes, performance enhancements, and security fixes.
- Disable "Detect soft telecine and average frame durations" if 3:2 pulldown is being applied in AviSynth filter.
- IAMStreamSelect: fix duplicated subtitle list in case of multiple ffdshow instances
- If a matroska container had hidden leading chapter and Haali's splitter was used and tray icon was right-clicked, ffdshow crashed.
- Various fixes regarding input mediatype handling, strides, and pin re-connection.
- Various fixes regarding H.264 SPS parsing
- Fixed decoding of 96khz 32bit audio with libavcodec
- Fixed decoding of AAC audio with libavcodec when extradata is missing
- Better handling of non-mod4 resolutions
- Workaround for freeze in Powerpoint 2010
- AC3 encoder was producing improper bitstream when connected to file writer filter
- Various fixes for audio bitstreaming
New and improved features
- Support for H.264 10-bit 4:2:0/4:2:2/4:4:4/RGB
- Support for H.264 8-bit 4:2:2/4:4:4/RGB, 4:2:0 was already supported
- Support for various 10-bit and 16-bit colorspaces
- Optimized YV12 to NV12 conversion
- Enabled high quality RGB32 conversion by default
- Added option to select a preferred output colorspace
- Added Intel QuickSync decoder. This provides hardware acceleration decoding of H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2. Requires the integrated GPU of Intel Sandy Bridge processors.
- Added DXVA video filter for hardware accelerated decoding. Supports H.264 and VC-1 video. Also includes subtitle support.
- Various additions to the application blacklist and whitelist
- Added support for Blu-ray PGS subtitles
- Removed support for USF subtitles
- Various improvements for the handling of ASS/SSA subtitles. More tags are supported now, but not yet all of them.
- Various improvements for the rendering of text-based subtitles
- By default now only subtitle files are shown that match the video filename. This behavior can be adjusted through an option on the "Try, dialog & Paths" page in ffdshow settings.
- Created new format option in ffdshow audio decoder for the QT PCM variants (such as TWOS). They were previously part if the Uncompressed audio option.
- ffmpeg-mt has been merged into libavcodec
- Multi-threaded decoding is now used by default for H.264, MPEG-1/2, FFV1, and DV video.
- Added decoding support for Indeo 4 and Indeo 5 video
- Floating point output for libavcodec AAC, AC3, E-AC3, DTS, Vorbis, and Nellymoser decoders.
- Added option to disable jitter correction for audio decoder
- Improved performance of Deband filter
- Removed some encoders for which the interface that ffdshow provided was outdated and unmaintained, such as Xvid and H.264. You should use the official codecs instead.
- Removed some encoders that were considered obsolete or unstable.
- Updated Boost library to v1.49
- Updated zlib library to v1.2.6
- Updated minilzo library to v2.06
- Updated unrar library to v4.10
- Updated libsamplerate to v0.1.8
- Removed mp3lib
- Removed xvidcore
Changelogs of previous versions
2013-01-06ffdshow 1.3.4500This is a small update to the 1.2.4422 release. The Intel QuickSync decoder has been updated and a few subtitle bugs have been fixed.
2012-04-09ffdshow 1.2.4422Highlights of this release:
- New Intel QuickSync decoder
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-1/2, FFV1, and DV video
- Support for H.264 10-bit decoding
Download now!Version: 1.3.4500(32-bit, 4.48MB)